Monday 21 November 2011

Steadicam

I made the steadicam by creating a gimble which pivotes the stem for the camera. The bottom has 2 nuts which will tighten on weights that equalize and balance the camera when it is sat on the thread, meaning when I walk about it should balance out the weight and be more smooth in shots.
These types of shots would be brilliant for follow, point of view, travels, pans even but it all depends on how smooth the shot is however.
I did test it, and found that it still wobbled slightly, meaning it possibly needs more weight from the pendlum action on it; that probably needs tigthened up.
But in my next project, however, I will try to use my little piece of steadicam for the project shots and even create 2 shots which I will create for comparsion in quality of shots.

1 comment:

  1. Some interesting posts, but you need to make sure you maintain the same level of detail as you did with your "Prisoner" evaluation if you are going to create an L4 blog. Make sure you post on a regular basis. OCR reccomend one post per day...!

    ReplyDelete