Thursday 1 December 2011

Thinking about title squences

I've been thinking about this for a few days, at least since last friday.
Not only have I been looking at video squences (I have now collected a few videos) but the art of the titles - even having found a title site (:http://www.artofthetitle.com/)

This website studies into the 'mood' I suppose of how a title squence, its font, colour, shape and media it is surronded by is dependent on the piece - of course hardly any of this applies direactly to when it comes to presenting titles in my final piece- thought it does open more doors of creativity. For example, if we choose to do something as an indie film for example, colourful and bold title squences would be intense.

I'm currently in the stages of obtaining Adobe After Effects CS4 from a friend who owns a multi lisence disc, which will allow me to create higher standard titles than that of Adobe Premier Pro or Adobe Elements 4. I have even being looking at examples from youtube with Reece, which I will link to later in the week or upload the video, and pick out our best examples of what we could recreate for a serous piece.

More so, because we have obtained sound now as well due to the studio's we're affliated with now (acedemic copyright use), we will even be able to test different types of music to tiles as we will do clips.

1 comment:

  1. You should talk to Amir about some After Effects training - he clearly knows his stuff, and some of the A2 guys were interested as well. I think the first thing you should do is focus on exactly what genre of film you intend to make - this is crucial, since it will define everything else which comes after, especially your initial research.

    ReplyDelete